Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Not Something You Can Just Dump Something On..

Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens died today.

It was suprising to me, because I just assumed he died of being super old,

Or he was run down by a herd of caribou,

Or he got in Sarah Palin's way.

But it was, in fact, a plane crash.

We all know the late senator by now for his infamous comparison of the internet to, not a truck that we could just dump something on, but a series of tubes.

It's been a weird summer for deaths.

Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper, George Steinbrener, Harvey Pekar, the guy who played the coach in "Major League." All legends in their own way.

I'm not trying to undermine anyone's death, it just makes you think about that last curtain call we'll all have at some point.

I've written myself into a philosophical corner that I can't work my way out of.

I'm overtired and somewhat confused.

Life is not something you can just dump something on.

It's not a truck.

It's a series of tubes.

Some connect, some never cross, some need a little adjusting, some just need a little duct tape to stay in place.

Some will burst before they should, others will go on rusting.


In memory of those we've lost.

1 comment:

  1. This article has touched me in ways I never thought were possible.

    R.I.P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gmiSPMHrWQ

    ReplyDelete